I received a check and it exceeds the amount due for the 1st payment. Guest wants me to cash it anyway. How do I record the additional payment which is part of what is due in May?
Danny Eiden last edited by
It sounds like you’d like for the first payment of the reservation to include the entire amount of the check. To do this, you will need to modify the payment schedule. Here is how to do that
- Go to the reservation and open the “Payments” tab
- Click the “Modify Payment Schedule” button at the bottom
- Select the quote that is currently the reservation terms and click “Next - Copy Quote”
- Go to the payment Schedule tab
- Alter the payment schedule. You can add additional payments and change the amount of existing payments that haven’t been paid yet.
- Save the quote and optionally send it to the renter in an email. Saving the quote will set it as the new reservation terms.
Once you set the first payment to be for the same amount as the check you received, you can record the entire payment as Paid
Got it. Thank you!
@Danny-Eiden - I didn’t realize that saving the new quote automatically changed the reservation terms. I’ve just been creating a quote, and then going to the quote to say set as reservation terms. Nice shortcut!
Note: When you change the rental agreement will no longer appear as “Agreed”. I usually just update that manually to document that terms have not changed, other than to record a pre-payment. I don’t make the guest re-sign unless it’s going to require a different future action.