Adding extra night (or other extras)

• Contributor

My guests booked and paid offline.
    I recorded the agreement as accepted and marked the booking as paid in full and the agreement as accepted.
    Now they are adding an extra to their stay.
    I know I could do a "one time payment" but I don't have their credit card in my system and I'd like to have them input it rather than taking it from them myself.
    Is there a way to revise their original quote and then show the amount already paid so that when they go to pay online they will only have the new outstanding amount?

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Carole,

Yes! We have actually made it fairly easy to alter a reservation once it's been made. Just follow these steps

1. Open the reservation and go to the "Quotes" tab
      0_1485302532263_Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 4.01.32 PM.png
    2. Click "New Quote"
      0_1485302598125_Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 4.02.52 PM.png
    3. Make any allowed edits. Note, to edit the renter info you'll need to edit the reservation instead of the quote. That's a guide for another post, though.
      0_1485302938203_iJxw1fcsMQ.gif
    4. Click "Save Quote" on the last page and leave the "Send to Renter" toggle to "Yes" if you'd like them to receive an email with the quote information and a link to your checkout page
      0_1485303040006_Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 4.10.30 PM.png
    5. Once the renter accepts the quote on your checkout page, the new quote will become the terms of the reservation. You can also manually set the new quote as the terms of the reservation. This will apply all of the changes you made in the new quote to the reservation, including any added days. Any payments or refunds recorded with the old reservation terms will still be there when you set the new quote as the reservation terms. When the renter goes to your checkout page, they will only be asked to pay for the difference between the old quote and the new quote.
      0_1485304231475_Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 4.29.45 PM.png

Cheers,
    Danny

• Explorer

Danny gets upvote for first forum response with ANIMATION!

• Explorer

@danny-eiden I had a similar situation. I created a new quote and sent it to the renter. He then asked to have the extra day deducted from his deposit. So I did as instructed by deducting from his deposit. I think that action cancelled the new quote. Now I am left with the old reservation amount. How do we handle this type of scenario so our records are correct?

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.