How to add new inquiry with existing contact

• Newcomer

I have repeat customer who wants to book again. I see the guest’s name under my contact list, but how do I generate a new inquiry/quote using this existing contact info (email, phone)?

• Hi Cindy,

We don’t currently have a way to pre-fill an inquiry using a guest from your contact list. You can, however, find the guest’s contact information under Reporting > Views > Contacts.

Cheers,
    Danny

• Explorer

@Cindy-Nelson - I just did this today for a repeat guest. Under “My Reservations” you have to create a new Inquiry and re-enter 3 bits of info: the Contact’s Name, Phone and Email. Then, when you go into Contacts (and refresh if needed) the new Inquiry will show up under the existing Contact’s record.

Yes, it would be nice to create a new Inquiry or Reservation from within the Contact record. I believe the Contacts function is still under development though. Here is where Jon will chime in and say, “If this is something you’d like to see, go ahead and submit a feature request.”

• MyVR Employee

@Ann-D-Liptak
    If this is something you’d li… HEY! You beat me to it!

I’d highly encourage submitting this one!! This one is a pet peeve of mine and I’d love to see us work on this one soon.

• I should also add that you can easily create a new reservation by copying an old one and changing the relevant details. Simply chose Copy Reservation from the Actions menu when viewing a reservation.

0_1484953488221_Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 3.01.26 PM.png

Doing this allows you to create a reservation with all of the contact info of a previous client pre-filled! Just be careful to alter the dates and anything else that has changed.

0_1484953493416_Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 3.04.14 PM.png

Cheers,
    Danny

• Leader

I’ve been using the copy reservation feature, and then having a “tentative” reservation in the system until they decide. If they end up not booking, I cancel it. It’s not ideal, but it’s a work around for now because I have this situation often. But most of the time, they book.

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.