Times shown on incoming mail & inquiries

• Advisor

I have set my time zone in the Settings of My Account to CST - my time zone.
    0_1484684737884_Central time zone.JPG
    However my inquiries and emails show an arrival of 2 hours earlier. I’m assuming that is because MyVR is two hours behind me. Or else it means it is taking them 2 hours to arrive - which I can’t believe.
    Has anyone else encountered this? I searched the Community but don’t find anything about it - perhaps it is only me?
    How can I correct this?

• Leader

@Carole - if I understand you correctly, you’re saying that you’re set for Central time, but your automated emails that are scheduled for noon (for example) CST are actually sending at 10am CST? Are you sure that the time stamp isn’t actually showing Pacific (MyVR) time ?

Try a test run Sending to you and note what time it actually sends to you and then compare to what is displayed. It may be that the email sends at the right time but the displayed time is just showing PST?

• Advisor

@Jenny-Oest I got an inquiry that I was notified about at 7:30 in Chicago but it records in my system that it was received at 5:30 -
    I am hopeful that this because the system is showing MYVR’s PAcific time zone - but a bit concerned that it is taking 2 hours for me to receive notification about a new inquiry.

• Leader

What happens if you test it with your own inquiry?

• Advisor

@Jenny-Oest Yes, that is it - they are being stamped with MyVR’s time zone.
    Do yours do the same?

• Leader

@Carole - now that I look at that, yes - it shows PST time printed on ALL of the messages.

But consider this…consistency will be key. I actually travel between time zones frequently, and I’d hate for it to attach time time sent from whatever my local time was.

I would be OK with the time always being posted in whatever time zone you’ve pre-defined, if that change can be done easily, but since we’re all on different zones, I wonder if that may be a little more tricky for them to implement?

• Advisor

@Jenny-Oest
    I agree about consistency, but I thought since there is a setting for time zone within the system that it was intended to update the times I see within my own dashboard.
    For me the really important part was to make sure there was not actually a two hour delay in receiving inquiries or in my outgoing replies. Your suggestion of testing it proves there isn’t.
    (I don’t know if anyone else ever noticed it, but I didn’t find the question asked before, so maybe it wasn’t an issue for anyone else.)

• Leader

@Carole - I think I noticed it a while back, but didn’t worry about it. But it’s good to check that! It would be an issue if inquiries backed up somewhere…glad they aren’t! 🙂

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.