Automatically "cc" a second email address?

• Contributor

I know that I can add a second email address when I am writing emails by selecting that little box in the upper let of the email that says "edit subject or cc" - but is there a way to automatically have all of the emails I send "cc" to a specific email address?
    0_1484153422264_CC email.JPG

I believe this is possible with templates, but is there a way to set all of the emails I send out to do this?

• MyVR Employee

Hi Carole,

We don't currently have a way to automate the adding of another address for all emails. May I ask what you would use it for?

• Contributor

I have a couple of things I want to do:
    The most important is that I have had two recent inquiring guests find my response to them in their junk/spam folder. I resent the replies but they still landed in the same place.
    I would like to be able to re-forward the quote to them from my gmail account if this happens.
    I also would like to have a copied email go to my assistant in Athens when a booking is approved, and possibly to an address that will add it to our Google Calendar.
    I've noticed that some of the Transactional email templates allow for the ccing and bccing (in that I can set this up in the template).
    This doesn't allow for a cc:
    0_1484176925204_Template does not include cc option when opened for editing.JPG
    But these two do allow for a cc:
    0_1484176938483_Template includes cc option when opened for editing.JPG
    0_1484176946201_Another Template includes cc option when opened for editing.JPG

• MyVR Employee

Hi Carole,

Have you considered creating a new stay email triggered on booking confirmation? You could set that up to go to multiple email addresses.
    I'm just doing some research into your question about the cc field.

• Contributor

Thanks - that is a good suggestion. I will set that up.
    Looking forward to hearing back about the cc question.

• Explorer

@carole How did you end up resolving the email spam and cc when replying to guests.

• Contributor

@mary-freiberg No, I did not. If I have their email address manually send everyone an email sent from my gmail address asking if they got my first email that was sent from the myvr fabricated email address. Now that VRBO has removed my ability to see guest emails until they are booked, I just cross my fingers. Sometimes if the inquiring guest has been very chatty and friendly in their email to me I will try to find them on Facebook or Linked In and then text them directly via those social media sites. And sometimes they even answer and book directly with me!

• Contributor

@Mary-Freiberg Also, once they are booked I do have their email address and I will send them a notice via gmail telling them to watch for my emails ending in "myvr.com". I also have a "cc" setup for all of my automated emails that I send to the guest once they are booked. This sends emails into my gmail system so I have a backup of everything. I also use this to trigger various other things like notifying housekeepers and drivers.

• Explorer

@carole Thank so much for the info.

I'm curious, do any of the people you reach out via social media have an issue with that? I tend to search for people when an inquiry comes in and have considered reach out to them that way but wasn't sure if that would make them feel like I'm cyber stalking them. Which I am. 🙂

• Contributor

@Mary-Freiberg Although I generally "stalk" everyone - I only reach out to those who are either super friendly or who provide alot of details in their inquiry. Sometimes they respond and sometimes they don't (the Linked In contacts I make are the least responded to in a timely manner. I think most people don't pay any attention to Linked In and go on it rarely - sometimes I get a reply from someone a month after I have reached out to them.
    I don't submit "friend requests" to them on Facebook, I just message them.
    In my message I tell them that I am not trying to cyber-stalk them but that since I had not heard back from them I was concerned, and since the listing sites have blocked their email so this is the only way I could make contact. I suppose those that don't answer might be annoyed, but most don't seem concerned.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.