Data Extract, Link Inquiries to Reservations

• Newcomer

I am pretty good at extracting Reservations to do my own reporting. I can extract the Inquiries also but to date can’t find a way to link an Inquiry to a Reservation. For instance, I would like to know what Inquiry Source has a better chance of becoming a reservation and what the average lead time between Inquiry and Reservation to manage my business better.

So, is there a link between these 2 data sets ?

• Leader

@Kevin-Stehlin - good question! I’ll be watching for answers.

• MyVR Employee

@Kevin-Stehlin That is a good question. The short answer is yes, but it’s imperfect given your objective.

Before answering further, it’s worth noting that the Reservations report allows for segmenting by source, so you can see the raw numbers when it comes to a source producing a reservation. If you want to understand that in the context of inquiry volume, you’d have to also look at the Inquiries report (and segment by source there).

I have filed a feature improvement to establish a unique and (always) accurate link between the two exported data sets.

Currently, the linked data between the inquiry and booking data mostly falls into two categories: guest info, stay info. Some examples of each:

Guest info

• First name
    • Last name
    • Phone #
    • Email

Stay Info

• Property name
    • Check-in date
    • Check-out date

For most folks, that information would allow them to have a high degree of accuracy when linking the two data sets.

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.