Adding a Cleaning Fee to ONLY AirBnB???

• Explorer

Awhile back I asked some questions regarding AirBnB and Jonathon was very helpful in response.

But now I have one additional question: If I was to add AirBnB channel management is there a way that I could add a "Cleaning Fee" for AirBnB listing site that I do not charge for other listing sites (i.e. HA/VRBO, TA/FlipKey).

Presently, our rental rates are considered "all-inclusive", meaning that cleaning fees, cc fees, etc are all built into the rental rates we charge. I am looking for a way to capture some of the additional fees that would be associated with AirBnB (i.e. AirBnB's 3-4% charge) if we added them to our channel management within MyVR.

Thanks,

John

• Leader

@John-Hughes - great question - I'm watching for replies. I'd love the ability to have different fees for different channels. This might make the difference in my choice to list with some of the other channels.

• Explorer

@Jenny-Oest;

Hopefully there is a way to work around my, and probably others, issue as it pertains to AirBnB fees.

My Guests seem t really like the "All-Inclusive" pricing we use were all the cleaning fees, etc are already calculated into the Rental Rate. We find that by NOT showing the cleaning fee, Guests don't say to themselves "We paid $XXX>XX dollars for cleaning, I'm not going to put the trash out, start dishwasher at end of stay, etc." and we have seen that the vast majority of Guests leave our home spotless and in really GREAT shape!!!

But I need to find a way to offset the 4-5% we would need to pay AirBnB &MyVR(MyVR deserves their fee) as I cannot absorb that cost...on some of our Premium Weeks that could be as high as $250.00+ in fees.

I'd like to add AirBnB to our channel management if I can somehow afford it. I understand that as HA/VRBO interaction is sliding, AirBnB's interaction is increasing and they are consistently gaining market share of the vacation rental market.

Thanks,

john

• MyVR Employee

Hi @John-Hughes. We don't currently offer a way to add channel-specific fees. If you'd like to have this in the future, you should submit a feature request at myvr.com/contact/.

Cheers,
    Danny

• Newcomer

Hi Danny, is this feature still on the road map? We are using Booking.com and have to charge the stripe fee as a surcharge only to the Booking.com Channel where we take the payment.

Thanks,
    Quirin

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Quirin-Schwaighofer,

While I cannot comment on the specifics of our roadmap, I can tell you that we factor in customer feedback when we are choosing what new features to add to MyVR. If per-channel fees are important to your business, submitting a feature request is the best way to let our product team know.

Cheers,
    Danny

• Explorer

With Airbnb, I have a statement in my house rules that says I will charge an extra fee, post booking, for certain services. I use it primarily for pet fee, but I don't know why you couldn't do it for cleaning, booking fee, etc. Its a pain -- I have to manually send a 'resolution request' for the amount, but it does get the fee paid.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.