Why is a rental within one custom rate period showing multiple rates?

• Explorer

I just received an inquiry for June 2017 and I notice that when creating Quote, it shows “Multiple Rates” even though it is for a one week (Saturday through Saturday) timeframe which I have setup in my Rates Page?

Any idea why this would be happening???

Thanks,

John

• MyVR Employee

@John-Hughes I believe the issue stems from the dates you have set for your custom rate periods. A custom rate period has a Start Date (the rate for the first night) and an End Date (the rate for the last night). I think the End Date gets treated as a “check-out” date, when in actuality it sets the rate for that final night. We are going to look at changing this messaging/wording to make it clearer that the End Date includes that night.

So in your case, if you removed the overlapping dates (the End Date for many of your June rate periods is the same as the Start Date for the subsequent rate period), you should see the multiple rates issue disappear.

Lastly, I tweaked the title for this post so that others can find this information more easily.

• Explorer

Markus; Thanks for reply. So if I understand correctly; In most instances we book beginning on a Saturday (Check-in day after 4pm) and Guests stay until the following Saturday morning (Check-out day before 10am)…but I should use the Saturday thru Friday period when creating the weekly Rates on MyVR? If I do this then the “Multiple Rates” should go away, and the weekly rate I have set will be correct…Yes???

Thanks,

John

• MyVR Employee

@John-Hughes That’s correct. The rates would be for Sat night (the first night) through Fri night (the last night). We will likely use “Night” instead of “Date” in our terminology to help address this.

• Explorer

Okay Thanks,

John

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.