Inquiries to Reservations still show as unpaid inquiries and/or just inquiries

• Advisor

I am trying to understand the workflow within my dashboard.
    When an inquiry arrives and is replied to, and the guest pays, it becomes a reservation, correct?
    If so, why do these inquiries continue to show in the inquiry section as unpaid?

• Hi Carole,

This is a spot where our UI could be a bit more clear. Inquiries don’t become reservations; they create reservations. An inquiry will create a reservation when one of the two following events occurs

1. The renter goes through MyVR’s (or a channel’s) checkout procedure. Depending on your setup, this might result in an immediate payment. In any case, completing the checkout procedure and agreeing to the rental contract will result in the creation of a reservation.
    2. A MyVR user manually creates a reservation from an inquiry using the Actions menu while looking at an inquiry

0_1482534602313_inq-res.png

We retain the original inquiries after corresponding reservations are created to keep a full record of the process. It also helps us separate the functionality of MyVR. Renter communications live in Messages > Inquiries. Payment information and rental agreements live in Reservations > My Reservations. We provide many shortcuts between a reservation and its corresponding inquiry to make it easy to – for example – send a renter a new message while looking at a reservation.

Regarding your question

why do these inquiries continue to show in the inquiry section as unpaid?

This is something that we could improve upon. We currently only mark inquiries as “paid” once the reservation associated with the inquiry is paid in full. On the other hand, we will list reservations as “partially paid” when they aren’t paid in full but some payments have been made. I agree that we could do better here, so I encourage you to submit a feature request!

Cheers,
    Danny

• Advisor

@Danny-Eiden Thanks for clarifying this. I’ve submitted a request to make them consistent (though after today I fear your colleagues may ban me from MyVR as I feel like all I have been doing today is asking questions and submitting feature requests.)

• @Carole said in Inquiries to Reservations still show as unpaid inquiries and/or just inquiries:

though after today I fear your colleagues may ban me from MyVR as I feel like all I have been doing today is asking questions and submitting feature requests.

We love seeing people use the Community, and we love constructive feedback on MyVR! Keep the questions coming!

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.