MyVR Booking Payment - Can Guest Use 2 Credit Cards?

• Newcomer

I have a guest wanting to book direct through MyVR but would like to use two separate credit cards to pay the initial deposit. Will the system allow them to do that?

If not, does anyone have a workaround?

• Leader

@mike-swinford - yes but not automatically - you will have to do a little creative set-up. I do this multiple times a year. I just ask the guest to call me to process it.

First, you’ll want to set up the payment options for separate payments, but still do at the time of booking (or whenever you want them due if later payments).

Next, you’ll enter each of the cards you need to use in the credit card/payment area.

Then, after you’ve enter their credit card information, schedule each individual payment with the card you want to use. It will process with the designated card on the designated date.

Hope that helps!

Jenny

• Explorer

@mike-swinford - Typically at the time of booking I’ll create a new quote for the guest and increase the number of payments designated. Can then take credit card information for each card and process the individual payments. I usually then turn “off” the on-line payments option and contact them directly to process future payments. It’s best to ask and document at the outset which card will be for subsequent payments for the booking if you are going to use the auto feature.

Darrell

• Leader

@darrell-looney112 @Mike-Swinford
    Once you set up the payments, the system will set up a default card for future payments. You don’t have to turn off the autopay - just change which card is scheduled for the payment.

If you enter multiple cards into the credit card list, you can specify which card to use for each payment.

0_1614548260654_Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 4.37.31 PM.png

• Explorer

Right, but if the guest is using multiple cards we want to be sure to charge the correct one. That’s why I turn it off unless they are certain which card to use. Would be easier if we could manually break up payments.

• Leader

@darrell-looney112 I see what you’re saying. I never give them a choice (HAHA) - in that I tell them if I’m setting up multiple cards, they have to tell me at the time of booking which card to put into the system for each payment. Then if they want to change it later, they can, prior to the payment processing. But I’m afraid if I turn off the autopay, I might forget to follow up on the late receivable… 🙂

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.