Is there a MyVR mobile app available?

• Explorer

Hello, any word on when there will be a MyVR mobile app available? Or is there a work around so that I can run my business from my phone? Thanks!

• Explorer

Hi all, let me ask this another way. How do you all work within MyVR from your mobile devices? Now that I have integrated my channels, I feel like I have limited capability to respond to inquiries, look at my calendar, etc. when I am away from my PC. I must be missing something, what is it? Thanks!

• Advisor

@John-Klein
    I can’t answer your question about a mobile app, but I can tell you that I’m able to manage my VR business from my phone my I’m on the road (err, when I was on the road before C19 hit). I spent about 50% of my time traveling and found the following really helpful with managing things using MyVR while away from my desk:

1. I created a shortcut icon on my phone Home screen that goes straight to my MyVR dashboard.

2. Templates - I created alot of email templates to respond to everything from inquiries to frequently asked questions. I also created a series of automatically scheduled emails including an autoresponse to each inquiry that arrives, an automatic confirmation with a link to complete our guest info form and agree to our rental terms (a second time), an email with neighborhood suggestions (and tours we book for our Greek properties), a pre-arrival email and another for the day before they depart the property. And finally a review request the day after they depart.

3. Checking calendars - I am able to see my calendar (in all property view) on my phone. I have a largish phone - it is a Galaxy Note, but I do have to scroll back and forth if I want to see more than 10 days at a time. I was able to easily see all 10 of my properties (though when I am back on the road that part will be easier since I am down to 7 properties now).

4. Answering inquiries works just like on a desktop, and with the myriad of templates I created I can often just click to scroll through the drop down menu, select the answer, and personalize the email without too much typing and then send it out just as I would on the computer.

If you have a smaller phone it might not be as easy, you might try pivoting to landscape to get a better view of the screen, but I do think that anyone can manage it this way.

Hope that’s helpful.

Carole

• Explorer

@carole this is fantastic. Thank you very much for your detailed response. I will try it out and see if I can get it set up as you describe. Thank you!

• Advisor

@John-Klein You’re welcome! If you have any specific questions as you are setting things up, just ask.
    Happy to share what I’ve done.
    Carole

• Explorer

@Carole i followed your instructions and have it set up now and it works pretty well. So it seems there is an “app” (for lack of a better term) view for a phone and a “desktop” view which is more like the full screen you see on your PC but not as friendly as the “app” view on my phone. I could not see “all properties” (I have 7) calendar view unless I chose “desktop”. Do you know if there is a way to do it on the “app” view?

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.