Responding to chargebacks

• Advisor

Hello all -

I hope everyone is healthy - these are trying times. After 17 years in the VR biz I am dealing with a chargeback. We have a no refunds policy and are offering everyone a future stay credit. I would like to ask if anyone has dealt with Stripe handling their chargebacks and if there are any tips you might share.

Thus far I have learned that I must have the IP address, but that MyVR does not seem able to provide that when a booking comes from HomeAway/VRBO.

I will submit my reservation contract along with a screen capture of the booking window which shows the refund policy as "No Refunds" and a copy of the email they receive when they book which reinterates the cancellation policy and suggests they book trip insurance along with a link to a trip insurance provider.

For anyone who has gone through this, I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Many thanks
    Carole

• MyVR Employee

Hi Carole.

Although we discussed this in the support ticket I thought i'd outline this here for others that may come across it.

MyVR can capture the IP address for any checkout that occurs via their website.
    For channels it is down to the individual channel to provide that IP address. As luck would have it HomeAway / VRBO are able to provide the address (that I gave to you) and we have a ticket to incorporate it in the UI. For now anyone else that stumbles into this issue can just reach out to support.

Best,

Tristan

• Advisor

@Tristan-Brotherton Thank you SO much!
    You are the best 🙂

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.