Odd Week Availability Issue???

• Explorer

@joseph-sennish

Joseph, Thanks for the reply. I did try that approach but it does not allow me to restrict that the check-out date cannot be later than Saturday, March 14, 2020. With the "Event" feature you set perimeters but than it allows Guests to come earlier and/pr stay later than the chosen "Event Dates" (which seems like a flaw in the programming.

The problem seems to be that if you chose to restrict the "changeover day" then there can only be one check-out day (in this case Saturday, March 14). But what if someone wanted to come in on Thursday, March 5th and leave on Friday, March 13th??? The software will not allow for that scenario.

Thanks for giving it some thought though.

John H

• Explorer

@jenny-oest

Jenny;

Thanks for your reply. Yes I tried to do that but for some reason it will not allow the Thursday or Friday check-in/check-out option.

I don't know if it has to do will programming between MyVR & PriceLabs (PL's sends message stating that MyVR ONLY allows one day option for check-in & check-out even though I have set the parameter to allow any 7 or more nights stay for this time period).

HomeAway/VRBO, AirBnB, etc do not even show that Thursday and Friday are available even though I've opened those dates on MR calendar.

Thanks for trying to help,

John H

• Leader

@john-hughes ah - with PriceLabs you’ll want to set a specific customization for those dates to allow a 7 night minimum, but change the acceptable turn dates to allow Thursday’s and fridays. It sounds like it’s defaulting to your higher level sat to sat turn days. Changing it at the lower level should override that.

• Leader

@jenny-oest - actually you can set it as ANY day turn during that period, as long as you have the 7 night minimum?

• Explorer

@jenny-oest

Jenny;

Again thanks for lending a helping hand!

I've tried all of those to NO avail.

One thing that is odd is the fact that on MyVR, my webiste and Pricelabs calendar(s)...all show the dates of March 5 through March 14 available for rent...BUT...on the listing sites it only shows March 7 - March 14 (Saturday to Saturday...our normal check-in.check-out preference).

I have tried to adjust from within MyVR, from within Pricelabs but cannot get this to work correctly.

On my website, I can see the March 5 - March 14 as available but when I try to "check-in on Thursday or Friday (March 5 or 6) I see message "Check-In/Out Dates Invalid"

I have message into PriceLabs and was hoping for someone with MyVR personnel might weigh-in here.

Thanks,

John

• Leader

@john-hughes - I see your issue. I have a similar situation on my calendar and just went to update it. Price labs is giving that error message saying that it's a MyVR restriction. But it probably should not be. I think this will be a tech support issue for PriceLabs? Maybe if we BOTH report it now, they'll find the issue 🙂 I'm putting in a tech support check for pricelabs.

• Leader

@john-hughes - Do you have any group level customizations or any higher level customizations in PriceLabs that turn on the day of the week changes?

• Explorer

@jenny-oest

Jenny., I sent the same request to PriceLabs.

No I do not have any group level or higher level customizations turned on with PriceLabs/

Thanks, hopefully we can both figure this issue out.

John H

• Leader

@john-hughes - when you go to your calendar page in pricelabs, there is a link on the right that says date specific overrides. There it lists the restrictions and I can see the one blocking mine - I just can't figure out where to fix it. But it says it's under the MyVR customization. I have Sat to Sat only for the summer months and want to override it for a two week window. Check that button and see if you can find which override is restricting you?

• Leader

@john-hughes - OK I found it 🙂
    In PriceLabs:
    Go under Customizations - the first block will show the MyVR (all account) customizations:
    0_1579027819074_Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.48.31 PM.png
    Scroll to the bottom of the block and select Date Specific Overrides - Update.
    There, go to the override that covers the dates you are working on.
    I currently have June, July under one customization that shows Sat only turn dates.
    REMOVE the customization that restricts your dates, and then add those restrictions back for each property or property grouping at a lower level. Then on your specific property, add it only for the dates desired.
    Does that make sense?
    It appears that with PL, if you restrict the turnover day change at a higher level, you can't override it at a lower level?

• Jenny

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.