Is anyone using an API with Emerald Coast BY Owner (ECBYO) listing site to ensure daily rate updates?

• Leader

I've being pursued by ECBYO to list my properties - and they assure me that they can include an API interface that will automatically update their listings from MyVR.com .

Before I put them to the test, has anyone else been down this path with a listing site? I know that FloridaRentals.com promised me to work on this almost 2 years ago, and so far, no integration.

Thanks for any insight...

Jenny

• Newcomer

@jenny-oest Have you had success integrating with either or both of these sites for inquiries and pricing? We would consider setting up, but currently with the API interface offering, we would have to move to the Property Manager Pro Plan from the Property Owner plan, and since we just have the one property, difficult to justify unless the interfaces were pretty slick, and even then... It would be great if they were made broad channel partners, but I'm guessing they're too small.

• Leader

@jim-knape
    Floridarentals.com :
    This company came through and it’s been great. There are two issues, but minor compared to manual entry...

1. if the inquiry does not put a number in for the number of adults (required by MyVR but not by Floridarentals) then the API doesn’t come through. So...as a backup I keep the inquiry emails coming and double check them.
    2. for some reason my auto replies don’t work for that API feed. I’m sending everything manually at the moment.

ECBYO:
    I’m not using them yet - no API yet.
    They have added a new type of listing that has the book now button go to your website. Rate info is not displayed on their site with that type of listing. That doesn’t help much if guests want to search by price or price range but it eliminates the incorrect rate data. And inquiries and bookings will happen directly on MyVR. Not sure how you would track inquiries from that source given this setup.

Hope that helps!

Jenny

• Newcomer

Great info, thank you!

• Leader

@jim-knape - I just received word today that Floridarentals.com is making Adults a required field...so problem #1 should go away.

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.