Webhook for Stripe Refund updates

• Explorer

I received an email from Stripe that recommends that I update my Webhooks so that the refund I processed will be updated when Stripe process it. My Stripe account is setup to debit my bank account and then process the refund to the customer which takes a few days. The following is the suggestion from Stripe.

"As a best practice, we recommend updating your webhooks to listen for 'charge.refund.updated' in the enabled_events list[1]. This will notify you every time a refund status changes (i.e., when your refund is pending, succeeded, failed, or canceled)."

I searched for info on Webhooks in the help and community but what I found doesn't exactly help me do anything. I need to know the "The URL endpoint that should receive events from your account." I suppose from there I might be able to add the suggested webhook from Stripe.

I looked at the documentation on Webhooks from MyVR but it doesn't address the URL nor is the suggested webhook below listed as something currently supported.

Has anyone worked their own webhooks and can give me some advice?

• Leader

@mary-freiberg

• watching this - I've been less than successful in my toying with webhooks. I wanted one to email me when funds are transferred...

• MyVR Employee

@Mary-Freiberg in our standard Stripe set up, webhooks aren't required to be set up by users. Are you doing anything more advanced with your account? If so feel free to share below. It also may be worth reaching out directly to Stripe.

If not, let me know and we can move this into a support ticket to dig in.

@Jenny-Oest - I'll post any relevant updates as they unfold 🙂

• Explorer

@jess-milligan I'm not doing anything advanced. This post was a result of a message I received from Stripe about 'best practices' and I was trying to investigate how to adhere to their suggested practice.

This is their message:
    "As a best practice, we recommend updating your webhooks to listen for 'charge.refund.updated' in the enabled_events list[1]. This will notify you every time a refund status changes (i.e., when your refund is pending, succeeded, failed, or canceled)."

• MyVR Employee

Hey Mary,

Thanks for writing in and inquiring about this. Nothing is required on your part at. When you connect your Stripe account with MyVR, we start receiving all webhook notifications associated with your account. From that point forward, if we receive notifications for refunds from Stripe related to your account, we update the payments/refunds in MyVR automatically. There is nothing you have to do - we handle all webhook processing for Stripe accounts connected to MyVR. This appears to be a courtesy Best Practices email Stripe sent to all customers, and your integration with MyVR already has you covered.

Let me know if I can clarify further.

Cheers,
    Mike

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.