How do I connect my New Property with my New Listing for HomeAway Channel Management?

• Leader

I’ve purchased a new HomeAway/VRBO listing and I’ve created a new property in MyVR. The only thing left is to figure out how to connect the two for integration. Each has a unique number, but I can’t find a place to tell one the number for the other. I expected to find it in settings for channel management, but there wasn’t a field for it there.

Suggestions?

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Jenny-Oest,

The answer to this depends on whether you’re on an Owner Plan or PM Plan, and whether you’re doing Calendar-Only or Full Integration. So, let me respond to this generally so that anyone reading this can benefit:

If you’re on an owner plan and using full integration channel management, you either purchase the listing through us (and it’s automatically connected), or if it’s a listing you purchased outside of us, you submit a channel request via support to have the listing moved over to us and integrated. If this is your first listing integrated, you will need to go through a channel management onboarding process with HomeAway (which you can initiate via the HomeAway for Owners installed app in MyVR).

If you’re on a property manager plan and using full integration channel management, you submit a channel request via support to have the listing added to your integration and we’ll coordinate with the channel. If this is your first listing integrated, you will need to go through a channel management onboarding process with HomeAway (which you can initiate via the HomeAway for Property Managers installed app in MyVR).

If you’re on an owner plan or property manager plan and using basic, calendar-only syncing, then you setup iCal under “Channels / Calendar Only”. There are help articles and a video or two (in the Support tab) to guide you how to do this, and there’s a paid service in the Services Marketplace if you want to pay someone to help you do this and audit it.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Anyone considering doing full integration channel management should read all the details of each channel integration (and, in particular, the pros and cons) in the app associated with that channel.

• MyVR Employee

I modified the title of this post to make it easier for others to find in the future.

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.