Are MyVr emails secure enough to receive credit card numbers?

• Newcomer

We have bikes that we allow our guests to use, but we ask for a credit card to guarantee they take care of them while they are using the bikes. Guests fill out a form and can mail it to me, but I would like to receive it by email if it is possible to do so without putting their card number at risk of being stolen.

• Leader

@susan-perry - good question. I've never trusted any email as secure for that, because it originates with the sender's email host, and you can't guarantee the security outside of MyVR. I woudn't trust it.

Meanwhile, can you offer to use the same credit card you have on file for their reservation? Then use a one-off charge to bill it? Then if they wish to change the card, just give you a call?

Jenny

• MyVR Employee

@Susan-Perry - just want to close this out after Jenny's response, which we agree with!

Although MyVR's emails are secure, it's generally always a best practice to restrict sending any personal or financial information over email.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.