Website guest log in

• Newcomer

Is there any way to add a guest log in feature to the website. Something that asks for name and email address? I know you can get that information if they book via the website. Looking to capture email address even if they choose not to book so that promotional codes could be sent to missed guest in the future. Thanks.

• Contributor

I use Drift as a chat window on my site. I do get a number of people who use it to ask questions and some of them even fill in their name and email address. You could also require it - but the Drift team recommended I not require it because they say you will get fewer contacts.
    You could try it for free (I actually use the free version).

• Leader

@andrew-jacoby - if you add a guest log-in feature, other than getting their email address, what would you offer them? In other words, what would be the benefit to them of "logging in" to your website other than just visiting it?

You do get an email address if they inquire. But if they're not interested enough to inquire about dates, etc., they are even more unlikely to be compelled to login.

Most people will give you their email address in exchange for something of value. I would recommend offering them something in exchange for sending it. They provide the email address as a way of receiving this item of perceived value. It could be a discount coupon, an important article about how to #bookdirect and save money on vacation rentals, an area guidebook....you get the idea. 🙂 You know if they are on your site, they're probably interested in traveling to the area, so tempt them with something?

Hope that helps!

Jenny

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.